less than 1 minute read

I had been maintaining my site with a combination of online tools (Blogger mostly, .Mac, and a bunch of google searches), some tools I installed via Darwinports (bluefish, drivel, and gedit), and a set of PHP, shell, and Makefile scripts that I built up over time.

Well, that is changing.

I have rewritten some of the scripts into a general purpose tool to maintain static websites called eSite, as in “easy site.” The tool turned out to be a little more complex than expected and a little more flexible than expected and so I documented it and squated on a dead SourceForge project to share it with others.

The tool has replaced all but one script that I had used previously to maintain the sites. And it has generated a second site to maintain as well.